Friday 20 July 2012

Migration 1

Hi, this is actually the first post I wrote on my previous blog. Do hope you like my writing. NOTE: I have edited some of the content so that it is more current.

It was titled: Irony


Hmm, I guess one of the reasons that I happened to be quiet among people I do not know is that I am not 'random' enough. *shrugs* But all I know is this little bad habit of mine got to go! hehe..This heavy shell has been with me for long enough. Isn't it ironic, for someone who can't speak out within a small group of strangers but could stand in front of a crowd as an emcee? Not just in English, but also in Bahasa Malaysia which I just utterly suck in. Irony 1

Its the early hours of Sunday, and I am not sleeping yet, mainly because I sleep 'early' on weekends. Plus, my brother requested that U wake him up at 3 a.m if I happen to be awake. So, how can I sleep? Do I always put others ahead of myself? My first two relationships were also like this, I do not want to blame anyone but yea, I was mainly on the receiving end of the shitty part. Maybe I am, ultimately, to be blamed? I did all I could to make things go right but I failed on each occasions or maybe I am just not cut out to be in a relationship? I head this way too often, "Tat Yang, you're just too nice la...", yea but nice guys finish last and usually have the permanent residence pass in the friendzone. Irony 2

My passion can really drive me nuts at times, often leading me to scolding from my parents. I work my ass off, back then when I was involved in organising events. Even back in my schooling days, I was a prefect who was in a team that organised the annual Teacher's Day celebration. I was the program manager and the emcee on the day itself. I did try to reject having to cover two major roles, however, I failed so I ended up filling those two slots. Its not like I mind the work but in the end it appeared to be too much too soon for me, I was 16 and very inexperienced. The day before the actual event, it was supposed to be a final rehearsal where all the performers are supposed to come. Only one group showed up and things were far from how I planned them to be. Being a Type C (from DISC, will one day write on it), I demand things to go according to plan, more so with my own schedule as I have my own problems, especially when I get nervious or in any situation that I never found myself in. Moreover, that year, was the year where the Prefectorial Board took a lot of criticism from many sources as our beloved and well-respected advisor left. I really wanted to the event  to be a success. My mind went racing, staring at the fear of the event going haywire straight in the eye. I broke down (yes, I cry and one post will be coming up on that issue). When my parents came to fetch me later that day, they could tell that I cried, instead of comforting me, I got lectured. My dad went along the line of "You asked for it". That's my family, but I know that they love me no matter what =).

Same thing happened in College too. Back in the wonderful Junior's days, the biggest night in Sunway Univesrity College (heh, some exaggeration won't hurt) RetroTechno. The event ended late, plus needed to clean up. I came out of college very late and my parents as well as my brother were waiting for me for quite some time. As soon as the car pull off with me in it, more lectures. I know they are worries, but hey, this is what I enjoy doing and one of the main reasons why I am thinking of furthering my studies in Sunway. there is no need to stop me from joining the Student Council, sorry Papa and Mama, I am in. I llove what I am doing, so I hope you can understand and show me some support in my decision. Working so hard but people just take it for granted or pull me down....*pat self on back* Irony 3

So yea, some traits of my life thus far (2009). Being misunderstood as someone who is arrogant because I don't talk much (my bad). People take me for granted at times (starting to get used to it but doesn't mean I enjoy it). BUT HEY! I am happy, isn't that what living is about? I am still looking forward for tomorrow to come. Still ever ready to welcome another special someone to walk into my life (if any). So yea, its ironic too, I am happy with all these that I lived through caused I believe I learnt and experienced something that someone might never even encounter. You only live once (YES, I used "YOLO" back in 2009, feels like a hipster), so live life to the fullest!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment