Wednesday 25 July 2012

A Dream Came True

Arsenal came to town on the 24th July 2012 and had a friendly match with the Malaysian National Team. After missing last year's game due to my finals, I never thought I would ever get to see them here again but I was wrong, happily proven wrong I might add.

I was quite a surreal experience watching my favourite team right in front of me as I was used to seeing them on the television, I did not know how to react but due to the fantastic atmosphere around me, I just continued to cheer on. The support from where I was sitting was tremendous, cheering on for both teams and showing appreciation when players try to make something happen on the pitch. I was weird for me as I wanted Arsenal to win but watching the Malaysian team playing, I cheered as well. The game had to end, and I soon head on home, satisfied. It was definitely the best day of my life so far and I hope for more of the same =).

On the down side though, I was a shame for me as I did not get to share such a special moment personally with someone special. I'd seen a family, a dad, his son and his three daughters, all clad in the Arsenal kit and walking into the stadium while there are also many couples, guys' arm around the girl all over the stadium. Just cannot help but realise that I was alone, with no one to share with but with the 22 players in front of me throughout the 90 minutes, I guess it was enough =).

2 comments: